Bloomsday in Saratov 2012. Rejoice!
Irish Rejoicing dedicated to Ulysses written by James Joyce
Ladies and gentlemen!
• If you are enamoured with literature and James Joyce and all thro’ your life you’ve been craving to fete good and proper Bloomsday -- videlicet a frivolous rejoicing of Leopold Bloom correlated with the Novel’s events
• If your life lacks hot times in the jolly clique of poetry saturnalias, juicy adventures and other follies.
• If you want to visit the city if kind hearts and big shoulders -- Dublin -- embodied artistically on paper by a remarkable Saratov artist or just visually as some artefacts kindly provided by Sergey Khoruzhiy.
Go on the razzle-dazzle! Rejoice in the honour of James Joyce!
The great hedonistic feast of arts, love and life!
On June 16 we’re going to have something EPIC! We need you – participants, assistants and funders. Audience is organised by previous appointment. Don’t hesitate!
*+ grilled pork kidneys, scrotumtightening sea of Irish alcohol and lots of other interesting things inspired by the novel Ulysses by James Joyce
artwork by Natasha Krassilnikova
Saturday, June 16, 5 pm
On permanent display: artworks by Natasha Krassilnikova, Julia Krassilnikova and Vasiliy Ryumshin
5 pm - Bombastic Bloomsday Speech
5:30 pm – Bloomsday Ulysses Readings
6 pm – Juice Ulysses U.P.: A stage performance of readings
7 pm – Poetry readings
8 pm – Music, please:
• Irish folk dances from Mariya Melkova's studio
• classical music from The New Music Theatre
• blues jam from The Joyride
• a mini-gig of the band "Igra v biser"
9 pm – Prose readings; Russian translations of Joyce’s ribald letters
10 pm – Bloomsday Mystery Horseplay (with audience participation)
2 am – afterparty: time for dinner and ale
Email Sergey Zotov for more info.